Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Korean Frozen Desert Pat-Bing-Soo

The weather is extremely hot in Korea these days. How hot is it? I thought that I would melt down on the street today LOL... So I decided to post something can make the hotness go away!
Few days ago, I read an article, 10 Brain-Freezing Treats From Around the World, and Pat-Bing-Soo was introduced in the article as well! So, I decided to post something about Pat-Bing-Soo to let the hotness go away!!
As it is described in the article, Pat-Bing-Soo means"red beans with ice" in Korean. The dessert consists of shaved ice, bean paste, fruit, condensed milk and fruit syrup. But!!! We do have more kinds of Bing-Soo!!

The original version of Pat-Bing-Soo that my mom and I tried last summer! It contains a lot of red beans and tastes so good for me even who does not like red-beans that much. Red-bean as a desert might sounds weird to you, I understand this because one of my best friend who is came from columbia (good job on the world cup by the way!) told me that it is weird for her to eat red-bean as sweet for her. If you feel the same way, don't worry, we have plenty kinds of Bing-soo.
These are Bing-Soo from Paris Baguette (which is one of most famous bakery franchise in Korea). As you can see above, Paris Baguette serves fruit Bing-Soo, Mango Bing-Soo, Blueberry Bing-Soo, Rice cake with been Bing-Soo, and rice cake Bing-soo... I know.. there are too many right? but this is not all!
Sing almost of cafe and fusion restaurant has their own Bing-Soo menu, it may take more than a year for you try all of them!! haha
This one is one of special Bing-Soo which is called Melon Bing-soo. They made bowl with melon and put crushed ice in it and decorated with scooped melon on top. Even thought the visual is so pretty, it was too sweet for me. Yet, if you love sweet desert you can try.
I was about to give you the address of this restaurant since it was so new in 2013 and you had to make reservation to have this special Bing-Soo. But it is so popular in Korea so that you can find this Bing-Soo so easily!! So just search for Melon Bing-soo or 메론빙수!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment