Saturday, August 30, 2014

Korean Traditional Food 'Jun (전)'



If you are interested in Korea or Korea food, I am sure that you know Bi-Bim-Bob (비빔밥), Kim-bob (김밥), or pork-bone-soup (감자탕, gam-ja-tang) already. But today, I want to introduce 'Jun' (전, in the other words Korean style pizza) to you. We used to eat Jun in special occasion such national holiday like Chusuck (Korean Thanks giving day) or Sulnal (Korean new year) or in wedding and so on. But now you can easily find a restaurant which is selling Jun!! There a so many kinds of Jun so that I cannot mention in this post all of them, but I will do some which are famous popular so you can order from any Jun restaurant in Korea :) There are few restaurant which sells only  (almost only) 'Jun' there. The first Jun that I would like to introduce today is Pa-Jun. Pa-jun is mostly made with 'leak' with flour. 2014-08-01-23-27-07_deco   This picture is the one that I took yesterdays when I went 'Jun' restaurant with my mom and aunt :) This is actually not just 'Pa-Jun' but it is 'Hae-mul-pa-jun'. Which means it also contains some sea food not just leak. :) Since I LOVE sea food so much, when I was young, I used to pick sea food from 'Jun' HAHA!! To get rid of the smell of sea food, usually 'Hae-mul-pa-jun' is a bit spicy. But since I cannot handle spicy food well (yes, I am Korean but I cannot eat spicy food. You did not misunderstand this context) we asked them to take away the pepper from the Jun so that i can eat it as well :) The next one is Dong-Tae Jun. Dong-Tae Jun is made with frozen pollack. So if you cannot eat fish for some reason, you may don't want to try this. However, one thing that I love to tell you is... Dong-Tae Jun is also one of popular Jun in Korea :) Dong-Tae Jun is so soft and it does not smell like.. you know... fish! that much LOL And there are Go-chu-jun, which is made with pepper but not spicy at all. They take away the seed from the pepper and fill it with some meat and other stuff.  Even thought it is not spicy at all, personally, I am not a big fan of Go-Chu-Jun only because it is made with pepper LOL ... So if I can, I rather to order dong-gu-rang-ddang!!! I LOVE dong-gu-rang-ddang so much and I am dare to say that this is the most popular jun in Korea...cuz I never seen anyone who does not like this!! If I need to say something similar with dong-gu-rang-ddang.. it would be similar with bugger petty but smaller version :) When I was young, on Sul-Nal (new year day in Korea) or Chu-suck (Thanks giving day in Korea), my aunt always complaint that no matter how long she works there's only few dong-gu-rang-ddang because I sat down beside to her and never stop to eat it :) For the last, I would like to introduce a drink that match perfectly with Juns!!! That is mak-gol-ri!!!!! It is Korean rice wine. Even thought it is not that strong, it is so sweet so if you keep drinking... you won't be able to notice your parents even :p      

0 comments:

Post a Comment