Saturday, November 8, 2014

One of the best Korean foods! "Sam-Gyeop-Sal."


If you are not Muslim or Vegetarian... 
or have some other reasons that you cannot eat pork... 
You SHOULD.. wait.. let me correct myself.. 
you MUST!!! try Sam-Gyeop-Sal!!

Sam-Gyeop-Sal is basically Pork belly but it is thicker than bacon. 
I am 26 years old and I haven't seen any Korean who does not LOVE Sam-Gyeop-Sal. 


Picture above is from yesterday. 
The name of store was 'Palsack Sam-Gyeop-Sal' 
which means Sam-Gyeop-Sal in eight colours. 

Basically they will serve you 8 kinds of Sam-Gyeop-Sal which are Curry, Go-Chu-Jang, herbed and... 5 others. (honestly, I cannot remember all of them haha :D) So, in the other words, they will serve you 600g of Palsack Sam-Gyeop-Sal.
with Seafood Dan-Jang soup (Korean style Miso soup). 

*don't forget soju when you are ordering Sam-Gyeop-Sal it is the best alcohol you can have when you are eating Sam-Gyeop-Sal!! 

Personally, my favourite was Curry Sam-Gyeop-Sal but my friend chose Herbed Sam-Gyeop-Sal. 

Palsack Sam-Gyeop-Sal set was 30,000 Won which is approximately $30 USD. I should tell you that it sounds like that it is a bit expensive but actually it is not

If you go to Ma-po Gal-mae-gi, which is also famous grilled meat restaurant, you can have Sam-Gyeop-Sal for 7,500/150g. So, basically it is same!! 

I will add map of the restaurant which I visited yesterday for people who wants to visit :) 









0 comments:

Post a Comment