Monday, September 1, 2014

Don't use google map it world not work as you expect.

Let me tell you something before I start this post. I am a big fan of google map. But it is only when I am living in Canada. Personally, I believe that google map is the best map ever if you are not a good navigator but this won't work as you expect once you arrive in Korea. 
For some reason (well, they say it is due to military reason since S.Korea is still in war with N.Korea) Google map cannot offer same service that they do in the other countries. Which means, it is not as accurate as you use in your own country. 



So, what I would like to recommend is 'Naver map' (Google playitunes). It will do what Google map do basically but in my opinion, you better not to expect too much on it. What I found is that it won't direct you once get closer than 700m to where you want to go. So, from there, you need to find your own way. 
One thing that I like about Naver Map it that tells you how much it will take if you would like to take a taxi to your destination :) 
There are other map application you can use in Korea, such as Daum map, but since most of my friends are using Naver map, I believe that Naver map is one of the most famous map application!!! 


\

0 comments:

Post a Comment